Saturday, July 31, 2010

What Was So Simple in the Moonlight

"I've got a flask inside my pocket, we can share it on the train.
If  you promise to stay conscious, I'll try and do the same
We might die from medication but we sure killed all the pain
What seems so normal in the evening by the morning seems insane."


The simple things. A connection, even if only for one night, is what we all seek. That indescribable moment when everything fits perfectly together and you have no thoughts of what will come next, only how great it is to be alive and living in this moment. I've heard somewhere that Heaven isn't a place you go when you die, it's the moment you truly encompass the feeling of living. The best buzz life can offer, and you don't even need a substance. You want it, and so do I. Let's quit dancing around the truth. Be my drug. I'm tired of trying to find a better high.

No comments:

Post a Comment